Come and play...
on the rope swing, walking paths, and hammocks. Pack a lunch and enjoy the view from sunset rock. Watch the
loons, eagles and osprey as they fish nearby.
Occasionally parts of the island are posted for private events. Look for signs for guidance. 1BSI is a proud member
and supporter of the Annabessacook Lake Improvement Association. People who vacation on 1BSI are welcome to join the
Annabessacook Lake community who visit the island during the day.
1BSI hosts community groups such as school groups, scouts, and non-profit organizations. Contact us if your group is
interested in a visit.
We are grateful...
to all of the young people who have joined us in the past including:
- Monmouth Academy / Day of Caring
- Monmouth Middle School / Community Service Day
- Hall-Dale Middle School / Community Service Day
- Young Architects Internship Program / Summer 2015
- Friends of Cobbossee Watershed / Tadpole Patrol
- Monmouth Academy / Outhouse Design Competition
- Maine Educational Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing / Kids Like Me
- Boy Scout Troop 41